FEBRUARY 2018: Cleaning Up Sungai Congkak Recreational Forest
Friday, 12 Jan 2018
By: Carrot Ho
In conjunction with the New Year spirit, the love for the environment and outdoors, Raleigh Kuala Lumpur is pleased to invite all of you to help us in cleaning up the Sungai Congkak Recreational Park. This park is a popular camping site, picnic area and a fun family outing places for a lot of people around Klang Valley, especially during the weekend. Let us immerse together in nature and care for the environment.
Date: 3rd February 2018
Meet up time and place: 8.30am at MRT Taman Suntex
Drop off time and place: 4.00pm to 4.30pm at MRT Taman Suntex
Fee: RM 10 for Raleigh Member, RM 15 for Non Raleigh Member
(Included transport to/fro Sg Congkak and MRT Taman Suntex, lunch and refreshmen)
1) Bank in the MM fee to:
Bank: CIMB Bank Berhad
Account name: Pertubuhan Raleigh International Kuala Lumpur
Account number: 8001067937
2) Download the indemnity form from the link here.
3) Send the bank in slip and completed indemnity form to:
4) Your slot is secured and you will receive a confirmation email.
0830 Gather at MRT Tmn Suntex, please register yourself with our crew (someone who is holding a paper with pen!)
0900 Depart to Sungai Congkak together
0945 Reach Sungai Congkak Recreational Forest
1030 Clean up clean up!
1200 Lunch and chit chat session!
1235 Regroup and continue the work!
1415 Finished up cleaning / Dessert Time / Group pictures
1445 Playtime, free and easy!
1530 Gather, wrap up session.
1545 Send off to MRT Tmn Suntex
1630 Bye and thank you!
Things to bring
- Sufficient drinking water
- Gardening gloves
- Utensil for lunch (bowl/messtin, spoon)
- One set of river playing attire with towel
- Sun cream (optional)
- Environmental friendly Insect Repellent (optional)
- Hat/Bandana/Buff (optional)
We are going to recreational park, so please wear comfortable attire for the event
- Sandal/walking shoe/kampung adidas
- Sports attire
- Long trousers/t shirt if you are prone to insects
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.