We Want YOU!
Thursday, 22 Mar 2018
By: Raleigh Kuala Lumpur
For some of you that may have known, following extensive research and analysis, Raleigh International has made the difficult but necessary decision to end operations in Malaysian Borneo in October 2018. This decision has been guided by the fact that Malaysia is a high Human Development Index (HDI) country - the highest of any of the countries Raleigh International currently work in.
However, Raleigh remain excited about the future for young people in Malaysia. Our long history and strong alumni societies mean our work in Malaysia has a firm foundation to build our legacy. Raleigh delivered the first Expedition in Borneo 30 years ago and we have a lot to be proud of. Volunteers, staff, partners, societies and communities have all contributed to some incredible achievements and, through our dedicated alumni societies in Malaysia and Asia, our legacy will live on.
In light of the departure of Raleigh Borneo, Raleigh Kuala Lumpur wish to assume the role to carry out expedition of our own and perhaps in the future as an expedition partner of Raleigh International. This coming July, Raleigh Borneo will be having its final expedition in Malaysia and we are currently looking for RIKL alumni or ex-venturer to embark on this last expedition as a volunteer staff/project manager to learn the operations of a Raleigh Expedition sponsored by Raleigh Borneo.
- Candidate must be a Raleigh Kuala Lumpur alumnus OR attended an Raleigh International expedition.
- Expedition fees are sponsored.
- Candidate is required to attend the expedition for 14 weeks (11th-Jun 2018 to 14-September 2018).
- Candidate will produce a report (Standard Operating Procedure) upon return.
- Candidate is required to serve as Special Project Officer upon return from expedition for 2 terms in RIKL (Term 2018-2019 & Term 2019-2020).
Send your CV to email@example.com before 27 March 2018 or drop us a message at Facebook if you require more information!